Saturday, November 04, 2006

Eleanor Rigby

Fireworks are going off outside my window. Today is the Bonfire Day. Gunpowder plot and Treason. Guy Fawkes. The rest... I've been to the big fireworks show at Alexandra Palace this time last year. Difficult tot believe it's been a year. This is one of the problems I have with London. Time. It's too fast here. It's disorienting. At least to me. I'm still in disbelief that 4 years have passed since I came here. I only realise the passage of time on days like this. Bonfire night, Easter, New Year's, the day we take the clocks back. It's a very different type of living from the one I had back in my own country. There the time was slower. Or was it because I was younger? A carefree university student...And now an office employee working from 8 till 6. I don't particularly dislike my job but it's just so different from the university life. I still need time for adapting. Or maybe I shouldn't adapt. In fact I very much like to keep some of that spirit I had back then. I think it's a good thing to keep the door ajar instead of fully closed.

No comments: